Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"I Can't Write Left Handed"

I'm not going to do a big write up with this one... Mainly because I'm about to leave work and start my holiday weekend. However, you know who the hell The Legendary Roots Crew is. You know who the hell John Legend is. If you don't, chances are you have been living in an Afghan cave with your boy Bin Laden for the last decade or so. Maybe you just don't appreciate good music... Then again, that makes me ask you why are you on this blog? I put this out here for music lovers. People who want to be exposed to the good shit. I troll the internets all day to find things for folks to appreciate. This right here, I appreciate. It's 11+ minutes of awesome. I learned that I couldn't write left handed when I destroyed my elbow 5 years ago. I could have wrote with my toes and you wouldn't have known the difference. So, this is John Legend singing and The Roots going the fuck off with the instruments. I don't know exactly what Black Thought is doing in this video. My guess is sitting around and looking cool. He can do that. I respect his gangster. He's an icon. Also, if you didn't know, The Roots and John Legend are coming out with an album together, and if this is any indication of how good it is going to be, Donnie Halfcourt is going to be one happy camper.

Enjoy the performance. Give me a shout in the comments and let me know what you thought about it.

It's Labor day weekend, bitches. Get drunk, have a blast, be safe. I'll see you sometime around Tuesday, or whenever my hangover decides to subside.
Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! This just might be a dope-ass cover!!! I love it when people do remakes of songs whose popularity have waned over time, only to re-introduce it to a younger generation. The song is fresh and vibrant. Cap'n Kirk was clowning on the guitar!!!!

    ReplyDelete