Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bat For Lashes & Beck - Let's Get Lost

Twilight.
I hate it. I hate the phenomenon. I hate the emo fucking kids that go ape shit whenever a new installment comes out.



I hate the commercials. I hate everything about it, except for one thing... The soundtrack. Why the hell would you put such awesome tunes with movies that are decidedly un-awesome? And it's not just for one of them, they come with the straight dope for every single movie that drops out of that series. Who does that? I despise looking at the cover art in my ipod, but I love the music on it. They get AMAZING artists such as Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, Metric, The Black Keys and Dead Weather to drop new songs for it. Just look at this lineup for the Eclipse movie.

1."Eclipse (All Yours)" by Metric
2."Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)" by Muse
3."Ours" by The Bravery
4."Heavy in Your Arms" by Florence and the Machine
5."My Love" by Sia
6."Atlas" by Fanfarlo
7."Chop and Change" by The Black Keys
8."Rolling in on a Burning Tire" by The Dead Weather
9."Let's Get Lost" by Beck and Bat for Lashes
10."Jonathan Low" by Vampire Weekend
11."With You in My Head" by UNKLE featuring The Black Angels
12."A Million Miles an Hour" by Eastern Conference Champions
13."Life on Earth" by Band of Horses
14."What Part of Forever" by Cee-Lo Green
15."Jacob's Theme" by Howard Shore


Fuck. That's great. They must really shell out the dollars for the appearance fees. I was flipping around the Pitchfork website and found a stream for the Beck and Bat for Lashes song that appears on the soundtrack, and I freaking love this song. The only reasonable thing for me to do is to share it with you guys. Maybe you'll love it as much as I do. Oh, and I hope you hate Twilight as much as I do as well!

Let's Get Lost by Bat for Lashes

Brilliant way to make me give a flying fuck about this franchise. The marketing bastards at Atlantic Records deserve a high five and a kick in the wolverine for this one.
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. I am not quite filled with your hatred of Twilight (except for the special effects which are amazingly awful). I generally have an antipathy to something for which I was never the target audience anyway. Edward, Jacob, whatever, if Stephanie Meyers wants to make JK Rowling money, who am I to criticize?

    I will grant you this. "The marketing bastards at Atlantic Records deserve a high five and a kick in the wolverine for this one." might be one of the wisest comments ever made about the movie/crossover industry.

    The kids going to see this foolishness are going to buy the soundtrack on GP. The rest of us are then lured into shelling out our $15 for something we would otherwise would avoid like the plague. They've reaped in cash just by compiling for cheap lazy bastards like myself what is essentially a really good fucking mixtape. Millions of dollars and zero effort. Sign me up! It is pure corporate genius, and the people that came up with that idea should get an award.

    On second thought, I take back the part of getting a kick in the wolverines. Because this crossover magic tells me that somewhere, some suit believes that popular music does not have to be fundamentally bad.

    And for that, we thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stole the shit out of this album and the one before it which has equally awesome artists:

    1. Death Cab For Cutie – Meet Me On The Equinox

    2. Band Of Skulls – Friends

    3. Thom Yorke- Hering Damage

    4. Lykke Li – Possibility

    5. The Killers – A White Demon Love Song

    6. Anya Marina – Satellite Heart

    7. Muse – I Belong To You (New Moon Remix)

    8. Bon Iver and St. Vincent – Rosyln

    9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Done All Wrong

    10. Hurricane Bells – Monsters

    11. Sea Wolf – The Violet Hour

    12. Ok Go- Shooting The Moon

    13. Grizzly Bear – Slow Life

    14. Editors – No Sound But The Wind

    15. Alexandre Desplat – New Moon (The Meadow)

    ReplyDelete